Hi, this is Honya. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.
I’ve been an avid reader ever since I learned how to read in first grade, and even before that, I loved having stories read aloud to me. I love reading. I also love sharing the things I’ve read with others, especially when they end up loving reading them also. I’ve decided to create this blog with that purpose: to share what I’ve been reading and my own personal impressions of what I’ve read. To this end, I’ll be posting reviews of books, poetry, plays, short stories, manga, etc. that I’ve read recently. I’d be delighted if someone could discover something they enjoy by reading what is posted here. Please join me as I delve into the bookshelves in search of treasure!
A few items of note:
- Everything written here is my own personal opinion. No infringement on the authors’ rights is intended whatsoever. All books belong to their respective authors/copyright holders. Please support these authors by purchasing their works to read; they really deserve it.
- Many thanks to God for the gift of language, to my family for instilling in me a love of reading, and to the many authors who have provided inspiration and enjoyment not only to me but to many others.
- Comments and requests are welcome. No promises that I’ll follow through with any of them, but I will at least take them into consideration. Thank you for any input you provide.
- As some of you may have guessed, the name “Honya” is a nod to Ken Akamatsu’s manga Negima! Magister Negi Magi. It is also Japanese for “bookseller.”
Also, since I have begun including ratings in my reviews, I feel it is appropriate to explain my rating system:
- 1 of 5 stars: I disliked it. This is going to be a very uncommon rating for me, since if I hate a story to that extent, I probably won’t finish it.
- 2 of 5 stars: Meh. It was okay. You might like it more than I did, but I probably won’t read it again.
- 3 of 5 stars: I like it and would probably recommend it.
- 4 of 5 stars: I really liked it and am likely to recommend it. It’s likely that I’ll re-read this in the future.
- 5 of 5 stars: I absolutely loved it! You totally need to read this now, and I’ll definitely re-read in the future.
Finally, contact info:
- E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friend/message me on Goodreads at www.goodreads.com/honyasbookshelf
- I’m planning to try to get more platforms going at sometime in the future . . . . Maybe?