Many thanks to Alysyn at reinreads for her gracious nomination.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
The questions Alysyn posed for me (these were really challenging but fun!):
- What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
That’s a hard one. I’ve enjoyed just about everything I’ve seen recently, and I don’t watch movies much. . . . I’d have to confess that some of the movies I’ve liked the least are Disney princess movies (don’t hate me!). I just can’t get into them, especially after seeing incredible movies like Spirited Away.
- What artists or bands do you currently love?
Do I have to pick? Umm, Valshe is in my CD player currently–I love her music, especially her Kagamine Len covers! I’ve also recently listened to the soundtrack from Wicked, a Babymetal album (super-good J-metal by cute little girls!), Lindsey Stirling, and David Crowder*Band. But picking favorites is no fair!
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Cinnamon toast, hot cocoa, and Skip Bo around the kitchen table at my grandparents’ house with all the family together. Fun!
- Favorite book? (You can choose more than one)
Favorites again? Not fair, and I really can’t pick, but some that I come back to frequently would include The Chronicles of Narnia (all of them, but especially The Horse and His Boy and The Last Battle), Howl’s Moving Castle, Lloyd Alexander’s Prydain Chronicles, A Wrinkle in Time, The Lord of the Rings . . . and lots of others, of course.
- Favorite quotes?
I probably should actually pick some favorite quotations. The only book quotation I use with any frequency (at least consciously) is “I object to that remark very strongly” from the bulldog in The Magician’s Nephew. Although when I think about it, there are a lot of other Narnia quotations that I really enjoy. I think the Maximum Ride books are oddly quotable as well. 😀
- It’s the end of the world! The only people left are you, the main actor/actress from the last movie you watched, your least favorite book character, & your favorite dead artist (writer, musician, what have you). Will you guys be okay?
So let me get this straight, I’m facing the apocalypse with Amy Acker, Kurotsuchi Mayuri (is it too much of a stretch to pick a manga character?), and C. S. Lewis? I’m scared for the rest of the world . . . although a lot depends on whether Mayuri gets bored and turns on us (instead of trying to help us survive) or not.
- Puppy sized elephant or elephant sized puppy?
Puppy-sized elephant. Totally. How cute can you get? Besides, Clifford’s great in theory, but Emily Elizabeth has clearly shown us the challenges of a dog that size.
- Pick one: a boat, a castle, a cottage, or a rocket. Make up a reason why.
Cottage. Quiet, low maintenance . . . and there’s that fairy-tale flavor as well. Preferably a cottage with roses climbing all over it.
- Do you ship any characters? Or hate a ship?
I tend to avoid non-canon pairings–and especially random non-canon slash pairings. How should I say this . . . I prefer to leave relationships as the author wrote them, as a general rule (although there are always exceptions, right?). I might occasionally go for an implied canon pair . . . Kuro/Fai, for instance, is <3.
- If money was of no concern, what would be the next thing you buy?
I’d build an extension to use as a library–I’m seriously running out of room!
- What’s the nicest thing anybody has ever done for you?
I can’t pick. Sorry. . . . But on a day-to-day basis, I think one of the things I value most is when people actually look me back in the eyes and smile. Truly. 🙂
And now, the questions I would like to ask are:
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- Would you rather read books written in your native language, or do you like reading translated books from other countries?
- Favorite author? (You can pick more than one.)
- What little-known book do you really like? (I love finding obscure but wonderful volumes!)
- Conversely, what popular book can you just not bring yourself to enjoy?
- If you were in your own fairy tale, what kind of character would you be?
- If you could meet any historical figure, who would you most want to meet?
- Coffee or tea? Or do you avoid caffeine?
- Are there any musicians/musical groups that you particularly enjoy?
- What other forms of art (besides books) do you like?
- What are you looking for in other book blogs in the community?
And finally, I would like to nominate the following excellent blogs/bloggers for the Liebster Award:
- Summer @ Xingsings
- Laura @ Lorzy Porzy
- Anne @ Anne-thology of Books
- Cho @ Cho Novels (seriously, check out her original English light novel; it’s really good!)
- English Light Novels
I have to confess that most of the other blogs I enjoy have either already participated in this award already or already have way more than 200 followers. So . . . I’m limiting it to these seven that I really enjoy. You should check them out!