Yesterday, I had the privilege to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Anastasia at Read & Survive. I am extremely honored, especially since I admire her blog very much and have found some great literary insights there. I really appreciate her nomination!
The following are the rules regarding this award:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
- Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
And so, without further ado, here are seven random facts about myself (mostly to do with books):
- I have been reading to myself since I was about six–and loving it the entire time!
- I adore having someone read aloud to me, although I don’t get to enjoy that as much as when I was little.
- I was introduced to the realm of manga and anime in college by some otaku friends there, and I’ve never taken a backward glance from the world of otaku.
- I really enjoy reading books aloud to little kids, especially when they get caught up in the story and start telling it with me!
- I’m a coffee addict. Ask anyone who knows me, and they’ll concur. I’m also a crazy cat person.
- My real-life job has absolutely nothing to do with books–which makes getting to read and then share about books in this blog even more precious and fun!
- I love music, especially J-Pop and Vocaloid, but also Electronica, Classical Crossover, Celtic, Jazz, Metal . . . basically anything except maybe mainstream pop.
As for blogs that I admire and would like to nominate, these are the ones I enjoy reading the most (besides Read & Survive):
- The Picture Book Review–this site features reviews of numerous excellent picture books, including a lot of ones that you don’t normally see. The variety is really nice! I also love the inclusion of actual responses from the writer’s young child.
- MegaMad 4 Books–solid reviews of YA books, particularly fantasy/sci-fi ones. Again, this site presents stories that I don’t pick up on when just browsing the shelves at the bookstore, and I really appreciate that.
- Shannon A. Thompson–an excellent contemporary author who writes about both her own books and about the writing process in general. She includes some insightful ideas regarding numerous writing topics which are likely to be helpful to aspiring authors..
- Start With Your Pen–original poetry that is beautiful, contemporary, and tinged with raw emotion. This is touching writing.
- Bookmark’d in Bangkok–I know, she’s already been nominated, but I heartily second the nomination. This blog features excellent reviews of a nice variety of both Western and Asian literature. I particularly appreciate the Asian books–I love reading them and am always grateful for info on which ones are interesting.
(Please feel free to participate or not. And thank you for your inspiring writing!)